Name:
Location: Northwestern Pennsylvania, United States

Welcome to my world, a modest little mix of art, writing, animals, and whatever else happens to catch my fancy at the moment...

Monday, January 15, 2007

Living Color

O.K., I promised color, you got color... well, the silk painting of the whale tails is much lighter and brighter in real life, but still it's color! Done in French dyes on silk - lots of fun to do. The other is a watercolor abstract done with wax resist, titled "Superman III and the Return of Comet." Don't really end up liking a lot of the abstracts I do, guess I'm just sorta bound up in realism. But this one I liked. Ended up giving it as a Thank You to a doctor who removed my spleen and patched up my liver after a nasty little spill I had last year (fell off my horse and damn near died after an imcompetant ER Dr. sent me home with my arm in a sling and a prescription for percasets. That "doctor" never even checked for internal injuries, even though I was whining about my stomache hurting.
A week later I was being life flighted in a helicopter to a more competent hospitol and doctor (the above mentioned one who now owns this painting.) Still thinking about sueing the ER doc - he shouldn't be gatekeeping if he doesn't know a ruptured spleen from a hole in the ground! Especially when he almost permanently put me in one! (OK, done ranting for now. All in all, I'm thrilled to still be alive!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home