Name:
Location: Northwestern Pennsylvania, United States

Welcome to my world, a modest little mix of art, writing, animals, and whatever else happens to catch my fancy at the moment...

Friday, April 27, 2007

In Darkness

I decided to be brave and bold and just throw a poem into the mix here (the one I mentioned in my last post.) I wrote this many years ago, probably rewrote it somewhere and subsequently lost it, but anyhow, here it is, in whatever state - for what it's worth...

"In Darkness"

I sit here
thinking up
silly lines,
try to conjure
up an image.

Ever walk
into your mind
and find a dark
and dreary cavern?

Step on in...
lightly tiptoe...
search diligently
for that candle
to enlighten;
tripping on
some discarded memory.

Raise a voice
inside your mind,
hear it echo
through the tunnels,
spilling into
empty caverns.

Brush the dust
from off the ledges,
sweep the cobwebs
out of corners.

Come in, come in!
It's been a while
since we just sat
and thought together.

Seems awkward
how we've been
like strangers,
you and I
should be as one
my tiny, little
disjointed friend,
my mind.

by Col
............................

Well, I never said I was Maya Angelo...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home